Senior Business Systems Analyst
Working for AMP Life
Working for AMP Life means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to act as the right-hand to the Development Manager to deliver technical projects in Life Insurance and Financial Services.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of Life Insurance claims processes and systems, especially the Fineos Insurance platform, which will be the key system in your project remit.
You understand what it takes to deliver a successful project bridging business problems and technology solutions.
We want someone who:
- Ensures that designs meet AMP’s technical standards
- Works with business and project stakeholders, internal IT teams and third-party vendors to gather, develop, validate and recommend business, technical and functional requirements to solve business problems
- Can get into the code when needed, understand root cause analysis and write a sequel query if we need to solve a quick business work around while we investigate and fix a bigger issue
- Delivers the following artefacts, including but not limited to - functional requirements, non-functional requirements, technical specs, user stories and downstream system impact documents
- Can contribute to estimates and planning for the implementation of solutions and continuous improvements of existing systems
- Builds and manages relationships with key business and vendor stakeholders to champion the adoption of technology solutions
- Ensures that our Fineos instance operates effectively and efficiently
- Resolves service incidents and problems in a proactive and innovative manner
- Can estimate and plan for the implementation of IT projects to meet business needs
Capabilities & Experience
- Be a critical thinker who continually challenges and innovates to get better business outcomes
- Experience in Life Insurance, Insurance Pricing and Financial Services with an understanding of Life Insurance claims processes and systems
- Extensive knowledge of Fineos Insurance platform (including experience in code development and systems configuration)
- Demonstrated ability and passion for how technology can be used to improve customer experience, with a desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional, non-function and technical requirements
- Analysis and creation of technical requirements: system access, security, mobility, data integration, UI integration, data entry and reporting
- Solid experience working in Agile and waterfall delivery, knowing the positive and negatives of both
- Knowledge of JIRA, sharepoint and Confluence
- Database support skills and SQL proficiency
- Knowledge of XML/XSD and web service integration
- Demonstrated experience of effective management of application and data-related incidents and problems
- Business risk management, business process modelling and testing
- Experience in supporting application and infrastructure technical solutions
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.