Our client is synonymous with quality packaging in Australia, foremost for their experience and expertise in the area of various types of cardboard packaging. Over 70 years of experience in the business positions them as the market leader in Australia and New Zealand and the largest manufacturer of corrugated packaging. With ongoing commitment to investment in their factories means that you will be working in one of the most sophisticated facilities in the world.
APG workforce is partnering with the Truganina site to source experienced Machine Operators.
- Prepare for production according to product specification
- Feed raw material into machine
- Measure and mark dimensions and references point accurately
- Set controls to regulate machine factors like part speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cuts.
- Oversight the production to ensure smooth operation
- Maintain logs, lists and files and promptly complete any required paperwork
- Cleaning the machine as required
- Minor troubleshooting of faults on machine
- Previous experience operating machinery, Godfert corrugated machine advantageous
- Sound technical skills and ability to fix/recognize problems with machinery
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Can do attitude with the ability and desire to learn as the company grows
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Full working rights – ability to work a minimum of 38 hours a week rotating roster
- Be able to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Proven ongoing solid work history to support your strong work ethic and reliability
The Truganina site is highly automated and innovative which limits laborious work but manual lifting will still be required for feeding and re-work. You will be rostered a rotating day and afternoon shift with a minimum of 38 hours per week with possibility of weekend work.
For any questions, please contact APG on 03 9310 4***. To apply for the position please click the APPLY BUTTON to forward your resume.