Assurance Management Specialist
The Assurance Management Specialist will perform independent reviews and evaluations that will assist management in exercising its responsibility to develop, maintain, monitor, and continuously enhance control frameworks and systems. This role also promotes the development of a strong, effective and enduring risk management culture across the treasury function and the institutional bank.
You will be involved in empowering the business to manage their operational and compliance risks by providing expert advice, insights and coaching.
- This role will enable divisions within the business to be bold within appetite and take well considered risks.
- Deliver assurance opinion for the designated portfolio, working collaboratively with relevant colleagues
- Influence business unit teams to embed risk monitoring & control practices
- Commitment to deliver assigned reviews from the annual assurance plan as approved by Divisional Risk and Compliance Committees
- Prepare draft review reports and socialise with stakeholders to ensure alignment with Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual requirements and delivery of appropriate insight and conclusions
- Develop and maintain business unit relationships within the business
- Hands on experience in risk management or internal/external audit.
- Proficient at facilitating meetings and presenting at business unit risk forums and committees.
- Prepare written work papers and issues and actions to ensure they are to a reasonable quality and should be able to draw out and to articulate key risk and compliance insights.
- Able to coach and train junior members in the team.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
To apply please click apply or call Kim Hilder on +61 3 8628 2170 for a confidential discussion.