Lead DevOps Engineer (Australian Citizen)
Talenza are working with a Sovereign Cloud and Infrastructure Provider on the search and selection of a Lead DevOps Engineer.
This client exclusively focuses on the Australian Federal Government and Defence on highly classified and top secret environments. Due to the security requirements of this role, only Australian Citizens can be considered. The client will sponsor the successful candidates defence security clearances.
Coming into the business during its infancy stages will see you will be responsible leading a team of talented engineers whilst keeping your hands on the tools. You will be responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of applications and infrastructure releases for all Development and Infrastructure teams.
This is a permanent role.
- Promote DevOps best practices and influence, other teams.
- Automate VM farms and other infra hardware
- Automate developer operations
- Automating applications and infrastructure solutions.
- Support & improve CI/CD processes
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment code for development, test, staging and production environments.
Due to the nature of the work, you will be required to pass a Security Clearance and will, therefore, need to be an Australian Citizen.
It is not a prerequisite to have worked in a lead or management role, as the hiring manager can provide mentorship in this space.
The successful candidate will need have some of the following skills:
- Linux and other open-source technologies and tools (Docker, Hashicorp Vault, Swarm, Gitlab, Ansible)
- Containerisation and orchestration (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm)
- CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Microservice and service-orientated architecture
- Confident in a programming language or choice (Ruby, Bash, Python, NodeJS )
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible or Chef)
- Automation and streamlining operations
- Monitoring tools (Ideally Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, New Relic)
- Virtualisation platforms - (VMWare Suite - vCloud and vCenter), KVM
- Network Automation
- BIND DNS
- Database configuration & management (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra and
Some of the benefits of partnering with this business;
- Obtain baseline security clearances - giving you a competitive edge in the market
- Work on personal projects or upskill on Friday afternoon's
- Build infrastructure from the ground up
- Work with talented and passionate team of technologists
- Flexible working arrangements; work from home when required.
- Good opportunity to move into a SecDevOps role as you are working on highly secure environments
If you are interest in hearing more. Contact Chelsey on or 0478 100 ***.