Senior Quality Systems Manager
About the business and the role
My client is a food manufacturing organisation based in Mordialloc that is rapidly expanding and are now looking for a full time Quality System Manager to join the team. The company is focused on innovation and being ahead of the curve in consumer market trends and niche product opportunities. This company has a dynamic workplace that is fun, exciting and passionate about doing great work.
Reporting to the Managing Director your primary responsibilities will be the implementation & management of Quality Systems and Programs with internal and external customers.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- The QSM ensures that all product specifications and finished product labels comply with the relevant Food Standard Legislation.
- This position also ensures customer compliance documentation and requirements are kept current this position provides food technical and regulatory support to business and assists with new product development.
- Checking and improving quality control procedures in your own and suppliers' factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
- Coordinating micro testing with suppliers and ensure that product is of required quality
- Working with General manager to use the market analysis and latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- Ensure that staff work within QA company policies and guidelines
- Conduct regular QA assessments and review strategies, when required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 3 - 5+ years previous experience working as a quality assurance manager for a food manufacturing business.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with staff and clients is essential.
Time management and organisational skills are critical to this position, along with a proven ability to manage the end to end administration of HACCP, SQF etc. with a very strong attention to detail.
You will have a sound understanding of current trends in food technology and consumer requirements.
- You must have senior experience in leading teams in QA programs like HACCP & SQF
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Science & Food Technology or similar
- Food Handlers Supervisor Certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing a quality department of a food manufacturing facility
- A thorough understanding of Australian Food Standards Codes (FSANZ / ACCC), food safety regulations and OH&S standards
- Thorough understanding of QA auditing programs including HACCP & SQF and other quality systems
- Specification and documentation database management
- Checking and improving quality control procedures in your own and suppliers factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
- Experience in modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones
- Experience in managing food labelling and product specifications
- You have the ability to speak with people across a variety of industries and backgrounds
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise work duties to meet deadlines
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
About the Company
My client is a 100% Australian owned quality assured manufacturing business that is growing due to the quality of their products and service. They have a bright future ahead and they are growing year on year. They are looking for an energetic Quality System Manager to join their fun and passionate team.
We know that candidates work hard during the week and calling during office hours is sometimes not possible. You are more than welcome to call 1300 795 334 after hours or on the weekend to speak to a recruitment consultant!