Hunter Valley Operations moves in excess of 114 MBCM of material per annum with a fleet that includes two draglines and three rope shovels, supported by a fleet of Excavators & haul trucks. Located in the Hunter Valley, NSW, this site offers great career and lifestyle benefits.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Training Manager, this role is responsible for the management, implementation and continuous improvement of Hunter Valley Operations Health, Safety and Training Management Systems.
Responsibilities of this role will include;
- Support the strategic leadership of the health, safety and training team to provide technical advice and customer service to improve performance.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of site health and safety management system in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of risk management processes.
- Ensure effective site emergency response and security arrangements
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Degree qualification in Work, Health and Safety
- Strong leadership experience preferably in the Mining industry
- Proven ability to provide work, health and safety advice and strategic direction in an industrial environment
- Proven experience in the development and application of occupational health and safety procedures and risk management models
- A positive and engaging leadership style including the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving abilities
Applications close 30 July 2020