Process Workers | Expressions Of Interest
Purpose of the role
Ingham’s is a fast-paced stable company that offers a diverse working environment and where the safety of our people always comes first. In our Processing division we are hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers.
Hours of work
This hands-on role offers a Monday to Friday AM or PM shift. We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekend work as and when the need arises in order to support the team.
- Processing and inspecting raw materials safely and systematically, according to quality specification
- Tending allocated assembly lines, performing processing tasks efficiently and working to meet individual and group targets
- Completing manual handling duties -lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and reaching
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up and be mindful of risks
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean work space
- Working with fresh food requires high levels of personal hygiene and working your whole shift in a cold environment
- Storing and maintaining materials, equipment and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
Please note, due to quarantine restrictions we are unable to accept applications from people who regularly come into contact with pigs or birds.
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay, product discounts and working in a friendly team.
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Video interview:
- You will receive a separate email invitation with access to the online interview from our partner Sonru
- Our video interview process should only take you about 15 minutes to complete
- We know it might seem a little different but don’t be nervous. Our key aim is for you to show the hiring manager a little more about yourself and we think video is a great way to do so
Step 2. Application form:
The application can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Step 3: Background checks:
This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 4: Offer paperwork:
The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone