Project Lead, Safer And Stronger
About the role
- Project Lead, Safer and Stronger
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract until 30th June 2021, with possibility of extension
- Lead a vital project during the COVID-19 crisis
- Use your expertise to achieve positive sector outcomes
- Be part of a supportive team
The Project Lead position is responsible for the management and successful delivery of the Safer & Stronger project, a one-year project designed to support Victorian disability service providers through the current COVID-19 crisis.
- Lead the development and refinement of the Safer and Stronger project to ensure it achieves its aims whilst adjusting to the current dynamic and evolving environment.
- Manage all aspects of the project implementation including team management, coordination of multiple stakeholders and streams of activity.
- Manage all aspects of the monitoring and reporting requirements for the Safer & Stronger Project, working closing with the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and governance groups.
- Network and engage successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders in the disability sector, government, business community and health settings.
- Identify emerging issues, risks and good practice for infection control, business continuity, NDIS pricing, practice standards, government directives, key trends and developments to inform project deliverables
- Ensure the Safer & Stronger project is coordinated with other NDS initiatives in order to achieve efficiencies and leveraging common resources, dependencies and objectives.
- Lead and manage the promotion and marketing of the project’s communications to successfully reach Victorian providers.
- Identify and on-board experts in infection control and business continuity and manage their ongoing advice and contribution to the project.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with flexibility to move between priority tasks as they arise.
- Other duties as agreed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrated high-level project management skills and proven capability to manage complex projects with multiple priorities and deadlines on time and on budget, within a not-for-profit environment;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to consult, negotiate effectively and develop networks with a range of stakeholders;
- High-level conceptual skills, including ability to solve complex problems;
- Highly-developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports as well as to present effectively to various audiences;
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Knowledge of the issues and challenges related to infection control and business continuity facing disability services in the current environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills related to significant organisational challenges and change strategies
- A tertiary qualification in a related field.
- A masters level qualification would be desirable
About the organisation
Organisation Name : National Disability Services (NDS)
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non-government service providers. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability.
We continue to foster an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees. NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
What we offer
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development programs
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria by clicking Apply Now.
For a confidential conversation about further details of the role, please contact the policy manager on her landline 03 8341 4303.
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please email email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.