Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / Tech Ops Engineer
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join a fast-growing FinTech in the payments space solving real-world problems. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be crafting automated and performant systems that will enable them to continue through this huge period of growth and set up the systems that will help them continue to deliver world-class services to their customers.
You’re passionate about working closely with development teams, from design to debugging complex production issues. You will be excited to get the chance to code real-world applications while deep-diving into the glue that holds it all together. You will have an opinion on how things should be built right, and work within the organisation to lead people to positive and modern solutions and you will instinctively want to automate away tedious tasks, and build infrastructure-as-code.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for building and growing the cloud infrastructure that supports a rapidly growing customer which has experienced huge growth over the past 6 months.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with internal teams automating and modernising the tools and applications that will help the business grow. You design, build and fix the systems and tools that handle failure and a high volume of requests.
- Advise in the creation and maintenance of the defining metrics to ensure that their customers get the best experiences across the board. You will have a passion for ensuring operational efficiency and the customers getting the b best experience possible
- Deep dive into the discoverability and routing systems that hold things together. You are making an impact into the designs of their future
- Build and implement frameworks like distributed tracing that help our organization understand how the flow of traffic runs through our systems.
- Debug a real-world, global web application, triaging issues while working with security or app teams to bring longer-term solutions.
What you can do:
- Have proven experience designing, deploying, and operating mid to large-scale enterprise or cloud environments.
- Experience working with a startup and helping them scale would also be highly desirable
- Have demonstrated ability scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Go, Python, or Bash.
- Experience working with Azure-based web APIs & Functions written in C#, .Net core.
- Experience with Cordova-based mobile application & web apps, written in TypeScript/React.
- Experience with. Cosmos DB (through Mongo) and SQL Server.
- Keen to dive into other people's source code to tackle a problem.
- You automate everything
- You care about the customer experience. You have experience supporting an externally-facing production environment.
- You understand data structures, databases, networking, filesystems, and web architectures.
- You know - perhaps excited about, or contemplate some of the following technologies: Docker and Docker Orchestration (Kubernetes, Marathon, etc.), Terraform or Cloudformation, Packer, Chef, Ansible or Puppet, Logging and Graphing, and Azure.
This is an urgent requirement and they are able to move through the interview process very quickly. For the right person on offer is an opportunity to work with some well know Tech Entrepreneurs and to help with the growth and expansion of a very cool product taking the market by storm.