Speech Pathologist Coordinator AAC Service
Are you an experienced speech pathologist with an interest in Augmentative and Alternative Communication solutions for people with complex communication needs? Do you have skills in mentoring and supervising Speech Pathologists and are looking to challenge yourself to take responsibility for the growth and development of an innovative and exciting AAC service?
If so, LifeTec is looking for you to lead our Communication Service.
We have a permanent full time position available for an experienced speech pathologist to provide consumer focused consultation services, develop and deliver education and training services and to mentor and develop our team of Speech pathologists who deliver AAC services to people with complex communication needs.
If you have a positive and flexible attitude and a desire to further develop yours and others professional knowledge in this field then we want to hear from you.
The position is based in our Newmarket office with the opportunity of working throughout Queensland.
For a complete job description please email **************@lifetec.org.au
Applications close- 5.00 pm, Monday 17th August 2020
Your application must include a current resume and a 1-2 page application addressing the criteria as required for this position.
- Satisfactory Worker Screening status
- Completion of Worker Orientation Module
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Speech pathology and eligible to be a practicing member of Speech Pathology Australia for the duration of employment with LifeTec.
- The successful applicant shall be required to have a valid Queensland driver's licence
Other skills and attributes that the we are looking for:
- Working knowledge, experience and passion for Augmentative and Alternative Communication solutions for people with complex communication needs.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the clinical supervision of Speech pathologists
- At least 3 years clinical experience in the health, disability or aged care sector
- Ability to deliver clinical services in a business environment.
- High level of personal and written communication skills, in particular, a professional telephone, online and face-to-face manner.
- Demonstrated team membership focus including proven ability to work in a team environment and on an individual basis.
- Experience in developing and delivering a range of high quality education and training services including community talks, public seminars, professional workshops / events and other online or self-paced resources.
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of clinical activities and respond to specific issues within a short period of time. Effective time management and flexibility in managing a dynamic workload is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development, innovative practice and the ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.