Executive Leader Of Support
A great opportunity for a passionate, people focused leader to join a growing NDIS service provider.
Your new company
Hays is excited to be partnering with a Hobart based NDIS provider, that specialises in the delivery of community support services. This organisation was founded on the premise of modernising disability services and addressing noticeable gaps in the sector. They are currently looking for an Executive Leader of Support to join their growing team.
Your new role
We are looking for a very client focused individual, who has a keen interest in being a part of a collaborative and supportive team. In addition to overseeing Team Leaders and Support Workers, you will also be required to;
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist in the growth and expansion of the organisation’s services, including attending, facilitating and completing the onboarding processes.
- Organise and lead daily activities across Supported Independent Living, Respite and Community Access.
- Develop best practice/high quality programs to enable participants to reach their potentials and implement and measure programs and outcomes.
- Ensure regulatory reporting and organisational compliance are adhered to.
- Provide ongoing supervisory support to staff.
- Ensure the services being provided to clients are of a continuously high standard.
- Manage employee relations, including under performance or employee concerns, in consultation with HR.
- Effectively work with other organisations to provide the best outcome for participants and their families.
- Promote a safe workplace and monitor performance of staff and services.
- Undertake regular assessments of existing and new participants to ensure best practices are being adhered to and all needs are being met.
- Directly support participants by providing necessary and reasonable support.
In order to be suitable for this role, you will have proven experience in a similar role in community services sector or worked in the disability sector and are looking for your next challenging new role. The successful candidate will also require;
What you'll get in return
- Cert IV or Diploma, or suitable qualifications and experience to demonstrate competence in performing the role.
- Demonstrated understanding of NDIS, NDIS Practice Standards and NDIS Code of Conduct.
- Experience supervising or managing teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated capacity to manage budgets and ensure effective use of funding.
- Experience in producing high quality reports and communications.
- A Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- A current driver’s license.
In return for your commitment to this role you will receive an excellent base salary and the opportunity to grow and shape your career, as well as contribute to the lives of people in need in a very supportive and client focused organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or for more information contact Healthcare consultant Ramesh Marcandan by email email@example.com or by phone on 62349554.