Arborist - Bendigo
Qualified Arborist required
Your new company
Locally run company that provides excellent quality service to the region.
Your new role
Plant, maintain and remove trees by:
What you'll need to succeed
- Site preparation and tree maintenance dependent on the assessment of tree characteristics and requirements.
- Evaluation and recording of tree health and structure, soil and site conditions, works priority and implementation of appropriate methods of work.
- Evaluation, selection and use of appropriate tools and methods of work.
- Undertake remedial pruning using Natural Target and C.O.D.I.T. (Compartmentalisation of Decay in Trees) principals.
A Certificate III in Horticulture (Arboriculture) or equivalent or substantial relevant experience.
Demonstrated skills in:
What you'll get in return
- Elevating Work Platform operation.
- Use of light and medium mechanical plant.
- Identification of tree health, structure, hazards and species.
- Electric line clearance pruning
- Common pest and disease identification and control.
- CODIT tree pruning practices.
- Elevating OH&S Work Platform Certificate
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Certificate 2 in ESI Powerline Vegetation Control.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to maintain a diary, works records, read instructions and perform calculations for chemical application.
- Experience in the supervision of staff
- A current Victorian Light Truck Licence
- Chainsaw Level II Certificate
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, temporary and contract workers through Hays enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Regular contact with consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
Address your interest to Charlie Black. At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal. Resumes emailed directly will not be stored or considered. *Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.