Principal Analyst role working for the Economic Regulation Authority
Your new company
This State Government department is WA's exclusive Economic Regulation agency. Their aim is to ensure the delivery of water, electricity, gas and rail services for our state.
Your new role
They are looking for a principal analyst to assist with the development and progression of high complexity and sensitive amendments to current rules including undertaking analyses and preparing concept papers, proposals, drafts, notices, reports and other documents.
You will be responsible for conducting reviews of legislation, policy and specific issues as required.
You will be required to undertake a variety of complex and sensitive research projects including:
What you'll need to succeed
- Using, maintaining, developing and enhancing databases and systems to provide relevant information and outputs.
- Preparing draft determinations and decisions.
- Develop relevant policy in association with projects.
- Assists in working groups and provide analytical and administrative support.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and preferably knowledge of energy markets with comprehensive skills, knowledge and experience in: Policy formulation and strategy development.
- Developing, undertaking and managing complex quantitative analysis using an extensive range of analytical/statistical software packages.
- Applied research, and problem solving for complex economic/ financial/ policy/ regulatory issues.
- The use, development and/or review of complex data bases and financial models to undertake complex projects.
- Report writing and verbal communication skills to communicate complex information to diverse stakeholders. Leading and managing human, financial and other resources within agreed allocations.
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationships at a strategic level, negotiation and facilitation.
This is a 6 month role to start asap. On offer is an attractive hourly rate paying up to $69 + super. Full time hours and potential contract extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.