Senior Software Engineer / Architect
We have a newly created role for a Senior Software Engineer / Architect within the highly motivated 40-person product team at Ascender, a leading APAC Payroll and HCM SaaS provider. You will be responsible for driving the technical design and architecture for a large web-based payroll product and supporting the transition onto a new platform.
You will lead the developers in establishing the processes, procedures, tools and technologies the group will use to ensure consistent, robust, high quality, testable solutions.
This is a creative, complex hands-on role that will require both technical and people leadership skills. You will be supported by your peers in a very collaborative, cross functional team.
Full time, permanent role based in Dulwich, Adelaide.
- Create, document, and implement architectural designs.
- Assist with migration of existing offering to a new technology stack.
- Research new technologies and methods to drive improvements related to our product offerings.
- Teach, mentor and guide other developers in use of modern design patterns.
- Work cross functionally on integration of multiple products.
Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience in modern application development using Microsoft .NET Core with C#, Web API & Entity Framework.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration concepts and patterns and experience implementing integration solutions using Microsoft technologies.
- Experience architecting application solutions integrating existing legacy systems.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- An understanding of or experience in SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Ability to manage time well, prioritise work and develop creative solutions while working under pressure.
- Capability to work collaboratively as part of a team spread across Australia and offshore.
- Experience with SPA frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.js is desirable.
- Experience with containerisation using Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm or Kubernetes is beneficial.
- Experience with implementing for one or more Public Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure).
- Understanding of UML 2.0 is highly regarded but not essential.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices. Experience implementing automated build and deployment processes using PowerShell, Cake Build, Microsoft Azure DevOps or Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins or Octopus Deploy.
- HR and/or payroll systems experience is highly regarded but not essential.
What we offer:
- Strong collaborative environment within Product group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Great location and flexible work hours
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button.