The Woodhouse Timber Company is an Australian owned and established business that services the Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Victorian, South Australian and Western Australian markets with premium building products.
Operating under an exclusive wholesale supply chain model, Woodhouse distributes its product ranges through a recognised network of Building Material and Hardware Merchants; Home Centre Outlets; and Truss and Wall frame manufacturers.
Our range includes Structural and Decorative Remanufactured Plantation Pine products for internal and external building projects and applications.
Whilst this position is considered a supervisory role and is responsible for implementing and initiating work activities as passed on from the State Operations Manager, the role remains a hand-on one which will require the successful candidate to pick and pack orders and operate forklift from time to time.
This role allows a degree of autonomy with a high level of responsibility and to be successful in this role it is vital that you possess the ability to work well with Supervisors, Colleagues and Direct Reports understanding the impact each places upon the other for a cohesive and efficient workplace.
Your responsibilities, directly or indirectly will include but will not be limited to:
• Support and direct activities to ensure completion in accordance with Company plans and procedures;
• Provide support and direction to personnel;
• Ensure all activities are being carried out safely across the warehouse;
• Ensure all work procedures are being followed, maintained and adhered to;
• Adherence to safety regulations and legislative requirements;
• Promote total job safety and environmental awareness by employees, subcontractors and all persons in the job vicinity and stress to all employees and subcontractors the important senior management attaches to safe work practices and environmental protection;
• Ensure that safe and environmentally acceptable working methods and practices are implemented;
• Maintain warehouse and machinery, by ensuring equipment pre-starts are undertaken and are serviced when needed and a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times;
• Ensure that hazards are identified, risk assessed, and control measures planned and implemented in consultation with relevant employees and as authorised by State Operations Manager;
• Monitor and review the performance of plant, labour and subcontractors to ensure relevant KPI’s and targets are met or bettered and take appropriate action as necessary;
• Promptly advise management of issues and keep accurate records of such issues;
• Organise, coordinate and direct warehouse activities in accordance with metrics and targets to ensure all work is completed on time and within budget whilst constantly ensuring the planning, safety and environmental requirements are met;
• Ensure all activities are performed in compliance with the requirement of the relevant specifications, codes and standards of the Company;
• Assist in the hiring of personnel;
• Ensure all personnel are inducted and trained in their role and responsibilities and are competent to perform the duties allocated to them;
• Assess and allocate priorities as necessary;
• Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system in consultation with State Operations Manager;
• Timely submittal of reports (i.e. Shift Reports and Incident notification);
• Requisition of minor materials and consumables as required;
• Utilisaiton of planned resources in an efficient manner;
• Preparing and presenting toolbox presentations which are relevant to the team in consultation with the State Operations Manager;
• Perform various inventory counts;
• Promotion of professional image of the Company’s operations; and
• Any other duties as may be required by the Company.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within leadership role in warehouse environment - experienced with racking;
• Strong knowledge of inventory and supply chain management;
• Possess Forklift licence & must be confident in operation of 6 Tonne forklift with long tines and container mast in a warehouse environment;
• Experience unloading containers;
• Sound working knowledge of WH&S requirements and implementing same;
• Strong and proven ability to lead, direct and manage groups of diverse employees;
• Excellent organisation and efficient time – management skills;
• Ability to meet deadlines and works well under pressure;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions under pressure;
• RF Scanning experience;
Previous Warehouse and pick and packing experience; and
• Certificate III Warehousing Operations (not essential, but will be highly regarded).
Woodhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we embrace and value diversity along with our strong commitment to Safety.
If you want to work for a company where you are genuinely appreciated and supported apply now!
Please note only those candidates successfully shortlisted will be contacted.