To provide corporate and general business support advice and services to Building Advisory Services and to manage
the Customer Service Group to ensure effective and efficient operations and the delivery of high quality services to the
public and building industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide sound advice and support on business and corporate management issues and assist senior management in
managing business operations of Building Advisory Services including providing financial reporting and analysis.
2. Coordinate the continuous analysis and review of current systems and procedures for the efficient operations of
Building Advisory Services.
3. Provide research assistance, business planning and preparations of reports and briefs.
4. Assist with recruitment and employment activities for Building Advisory Services.
5. Lead the operation of the Customer Service Group and development of staff to ensure effective and efficient
operations and the delivery of high quality services to the public and building industry.
6. Provide advice to advice to private building certifiers on the use of the Building Approvals Online portal, including
technical assistance and troubleshooting.
1. High level organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to deliver outputs with tight
and sometimes conflicting deadlines with limited supervision.
2. Sound working knowledge of financial management, records management, human resources and procurement
principles and procedures.
3. Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise
4. Knowledge of customer service principles and how to identify and implement customer experience improvements.
5. Knowledge of business improvement principles and how to identify and implement innovative business processes
6. Well-developed leadership and management skills, including developing and motivating staff and promoting
7. Sound ability to conduct research, analysis and develop reports and business cases on complex issues.
8. Demonstrate experience and working knowledge of computer based information systems used as the primary
information and management source.
Executive Director Lands Services August 2020