Provide high quality secretariat, research and strategic advice to the Security and Emergency Recovery Team,
including secretariat support at local security related forums including managing the Territory Crisis Coordination Centre capability.
Context Statement: The Security and Emergency Recovery Team provides whole-of-government leadership and coordination of
security and emergency recovery across the Northern Territory (NT) with a wide range of responsibilities that span national and
jurisdictional policy development and implementation, as well as operational planning and capability development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Undertake research and projects that contribute to the development and delivery of government and / or departmental advice,
strategies and initiatives to counter terrorism, and support emergency recovery coordination.
2. Coordinate the development of briefings and provide reports on; protective security, travel security, national security clearances
across whole of government (NTPS), critical infrastructure, identity security and NT emergency recovery arrangements.
3. Provide support to the Assistant Director Security, including assisting the NT Countering Violent Extremism (NTCVE) Coordinator
in delivering the Living Safe Together Intervention Program.
4. Implement and manage processes for the protection of national security information which may be created, received, used and
held by the NT Government.
5. Maintain and support the management of the Territory Crisis Coordination Centre (T3C) capability.
6. Provide high level secretariat support to a range of committees, including the NT Counter Terrorism Reference Group and the
Security and Emergency Management Sub-Committee of Cabinet.
7. Lead logistical and high level administrative support during disaster and emergency recovery operations including support to
Territory, Regional and Local Recovery Coordinators, the Recovery Coordination Team the Territory Emergency Management
Council and the Security and Emergency Management subcommittee of Cabinet.
1. High level of secretariat, organisational, time-management skills, with the ability to manage changing priorities.
2. High degree of interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and liaise effectively with people at all levels.
3. Highly developed oral and written communication skills with an ability to accurately and clearly communicate complex issues in a
succinct and effective manner.
4. Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a small team while operating in a fast paced, sensitive environment with confidentiality,
tact and diplomacy.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the NT and national counter terrorism, critical infrastructure, identity security, countering foreign
interference and emergency recovery arrangements, policies and plans, with ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation.
6. Demonstrated experience working in high tempo complex security and emergency recovery operations, including the ability to work
outside normal business hours and on weekends.
7. Hold or have the ability to obtain a current National Security Clearance to NV1 level.
Further Information: The occupant of this position will need to hold an Ochre Card, and satisfy requirements for criminal history and
probity checks on an ongoing basis.