Post Graduate Fellow - Upper GI Surgery
12 month appointment commencing 1 February 2021
Part Time - 0.2 FTE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners for the position of Post Graduate Fellow - Upper GI Surgery at St Vincent's Public and Private Hospital. The position is a part time position in the public hospital with private assisting for the 2020 Clinical Year.
This would suite a Surgical Fellow/General Surgeon wanting to gain more experience in Upper GI surgery or Advanced Trainee about to sit for the fellowship exam. The successful candidate would gain exposure to a wide range of Upper GI Surgery including Oesophagogastric, HPB, Bariatric Surgery, Advance Laparoscopic Surgery and Robotic Surgery. The successful applicant may have additional responsibilities in the Acute Surgical Unit. The successful applicant will work with the Director Medical Services in managing, supporting and coordinating registrars in surgical specialty Departments at the nominated Facility, and with the Director of Surgical Training. There is the opportunity to participate in the postgraduate anatomy course and a number of surgical skill courses run during the year. There is also the opportunity to partake in clinical and basic research. The successful applicant may be offered a Conjoint Academic appointment. No remuneration is attached to the University appointment.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2011_005. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
Applications for this role must be made online via our eCredentialing System which is available at the following link:https://st-vincents-cgov-thcr4ka9.patientsafety.com/webframe/modules/mod_meldingen/FormController.php?form_id=ccb17491-1c5e-2b64-f9d7-57b99959b558
All applicants are required to upload a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria and list at least three referees in their application. Please address your application to the Contact Person listed
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia
2.Possess or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
3. Possess Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery or equivalent or completed advanced surgical training intending to sit for the fellowship exam in 2020.
4. Sound clinical knowledge in Upper GI Surgery demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty.
5. Sound clinical knowledge in the subspecialty of Upper Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery with a demonstrated interest and ability in this subspecialty.
6. High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability working within a multidisciplinary team. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and junior medical staff supervision consistent with contemporary best practice supervision standards.
7. Demonstrate the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
8. Evidence of Continuing Medical Education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position. Familiarity with research concepts and commitment to support basic, applied or clinical research as required within the Department.
An example on how to address the selection criteria is provided in the link below in order to assist you with completing your application. Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will have their application automatically culled.
Contact Person: A/Prof Doug Fenton-Lee
Contact Number: (02) 83826***
Contact Email: ******@bigpond.net.auPosition Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
JR113438_Post Graduate Fellow - Upper GIT Surgery.pdfContact Details:
View Reconciliation Action PlanCode of Conduct:
View Code of Conduct