Work in cutting edge technology, making the world a safer and more secure place. DroneShield offers an opportunity to solve some of world’s most challenging technical problems in the Electronic Warfare, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, RF sensing and Sensor Fusion fields, working with high profile customers across militaries, Government agencies, airports, critical infrastructure, law enforcement and many others, in over 100 countries around the world.
Be part of a well-funded and agile organisation, working as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional world-class team. We have a flat organisational structure, and the best candidates will be both creative lateral thinkers and doers.
You are a lifelong learner. You are self-taught and continuously learning. You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
Push yourself and have fun in a well-supported team environment, with a high degree of autonomy, and competitive remuneration.
The company is seeking a Systems Engineer with relevant experience to join the development team in Sydney. The position will report to the Chief Technology Officer. It represents an exceptional opportunity for a result-driven individual in a new niche but exploding market. This role includes management, design, verification, and documentation of various engineering projects focused on customisation, delivery and support to the end customer.
Experience / Skills
Job Duties and Expectations
- BS degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Communications, Computer, Electronics, Mechanical or equivalent), similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated excellence within a Defence or high-engineering environment
- Experience in system architecture design and development
- Previous working experience with Verification and Validation (V&V) processes
Who you are
- Manage system level projects from initial customer technical engagement through to installation, maintenance, and support
- Design systems to meet customer requirements, using a solid understanding of DroneShield’s product offering, technical and environmental constraints
- Oversee the system verification process before shipment to end customers. Ensuring testing documentation and validation is completed
- Develop and maintain documentation of DroneShield systems to ensure continual operation and system improvements over time
- Conduct engineer investigation and analysis to ensure continual improvement of the products and resolve technical issues
- Establish and maintain close relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers. Develop strong, reliable channels of communication with end customers from a range of technical and cultural backgrounds
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry is highly favourable. Relevant experience working in industries such as medical, aerospace or IT are also favourable.
- You would excel in a high empowerment, fast paced, environment, surrounded by likeminded, high achieving people
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies, tools and methods to be effective in your role
- You are comfortable operating in a Linux environment
- An abundance of ambition and motivation to grow the company and compete with the big players in the industry