Senior Project Manager
- Join a leading FMCG, food manufacturer
- Manage a portfolio of capital projects nationally
- Melbourne based Location
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more.
Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager that supports the business and the wider operations through the delivery of capital works projects,based at one of our Melbourne manufacturing sites. This role sits within the national Engineering team that supports the business and the wider operations through the delivery of capital works projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage key projects, demonstrating best practice project management expertise
- Develop detailed technical specifications incorporating them into tender/contract documents
- Ensure legislative and regulatory compliance for all activities
- Coordinate equipment and supplier selection for capital projects
- Identify and manage all stakeholders throughout the project delivery lifecycle, ensuring adequate communication is maintained
- Support the prioritisation of projects within the approved capital investment program
- Validate business cases as provided by the sites
- Maximise the utilisation of SAP to manage and track project approvals, progress and costs
- Provide senior project management and technical support to other project personnel and site engineering teams to support the wider operations team performance
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and the development of people and processes
- Ensure projects are executed in a safe manner and provide a safe working environment
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 10 years + experience in engineering and project management roles
- 5 years + experience within an FMCG environment
- University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or Automation)
- Certificate or Diploma level certification in Project Management (Desired)
- Dip. Bus. Studies, MBA or other post-graduate Management Studies (Desired)
- Financial / commercial analysis training
- Experience with major projects or large capital programs
- Use of Project Management tools and Business Applications software (e.g. MS Project, SAP etc)
- Sound understanding of SAP or similar
- Outstanding stakeholder management
- Ability to thrive on change/complexity and coping with ambiguity
- Resilience and a strong work ethic
- Must be action oriented with urgency
Mobility for domestic travel to operating locations as required and occasional international travel will be a requirement in this role
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
Sounds like your next move, what are you waiting for, apply now!