Coates Hire is Australia's largest equipment hire company with over 130 years of experience in industry, supplying to a wide variety of markets including Engineering and Building Construction & Maintenance, Mining & Resources, Manufacturing, Government, and Events.
• Bring your customer service and mechanical skills to this fast paced role
• Repair and maintain a wide range of capital equipment in our workshop
• Enjoy stable employment and build your career in this permanent role
At Coates Hire, A Job is never just a Job – It’s Progress.
Take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery. The Fitter Mechanic plays a crucial role in helping to ensure hire equipment at the branch is ready, fit and safe for hire. A key focus of the role is providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
About your responsibilities:
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership contributing to Coates Hire’s Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture
• Diagnose and repair mechanical faults across a variety of equipment
• Ensure appropriate stock levels of spare parts are available
• Ensure paper work is completed for service or repair work; maintain service records.
• Ensure operational downtime is kept to a minimum.
As well as having amazing customer service skills and Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will ideally have:
• Must be Trade qualified and ideally have a Forklift ticket
• Experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills
• Effective time management and attention to detail
• Troubleshooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills
• A commitment to safety on the job
If you live and breathe safety and uphold safe work practices at all times we welcome your application. You can make it happen.