Childcare Educator / 2IC
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced 2ic / Educator to join our team in a casual position with a chance to long term position.
About the role:
As a 2IC, you will:
- Collaborate and support the ongoing development of each team member
- Maintain effective communication with the families
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all team members
- Maintain and manage resources across the centre
- Ensure all health & safety standards are maintained at the highest level
- mentor Educators
- Ensure the Centre is compliant and exceeding with all State legislation and National Quality Standards
- Build rapport with families and the community
- Ensure all policies and regulatory requirements are embedded within the Centre
- Provide leadership to the team in conjunction with the director, managing day to day issues and resolving issues as they arise
- Work as part of the leadership team contributing to quality improvement plan within the Centre
- Committed to revising current Policies and Procedures.
As an Educator, you will:
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework, centres’ philosophy and children interest.
- You will use your understanding of Early Years Education to lead a group of children with a school readiness program.
- Create stimulating group time sessions with children based on their interests.
- Interacting and supervising children to support them in their learning and development.
- Document children’s progress maintains portfolios and updates all records.
- Liaise with parents regularly to ensure they are updated on their child’s progress.
- Communicate with other staff members to ensure the smooth running of daily routines.
To be considered you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Diploma in Children Services (Recognised by ACECQA)
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- A current Working with Children Check and NSW Police Check
- Strong understanding of the EYLF, NQS, QIP, Regulations and Law
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, families and colleagues
- Strong written and clearly spoken communication skills
- Child protection certificate
- 1 or more years of experience as a 2ic / educator
If you are seeking work in the early childhood industry and you feel your passion and knowledge aligns with our centre’s needs, we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Casual (with long term position )
Job Type: Casual
Job Type: Casual