Procurement Manager - Logistics
- Developing with the transport team a logistics solution for our hire fleet
- Plan, create and manage our transport commercial supply arrangements
- Assess current & emerging market capabilities to meet our future direction
- Manage multiple projects, track activities and meet deadlines
The Procurement Manager – Logistics is an integral member of the Group Procurement and transport teams. The role will make a leading contribution to a high performing Procurement culture through the formation and delivery of long-term supply strategies and executed arrangements for all logistical requirements. The supplier solutions can be either for fleet capex or for Opex support.
Logistics procurement management will influence the company’s profitability over the next 1-5 years through superior performance, optimisation of transport fleet resources, consistent and performing supplier base. Your multi-year proven experience in logistics and/or transport commercial management will be key to this role.
- Identify all the category spend drivers and provide analyses of spend behaviour.
- Plan and implement functional & technical requirements with internal customers.
- Through market assessment, identify supplier market participants and solutions domestically and globally (Capex).
- Develop strategic sourcing for procurement based on the transport strategy.
- Undertake risk assessments and due diligence activities (commercial, safety, regulatory and ethical)
- Facilitate the drafting of supplier commercial and performance terms and conditions.
- Manage the supplier lifecycle (contract management, relationship management to contract end)
- Monitor and report supplier contract KPI performance, compliance requirements, risks, issues and opportunities.
- Assist the transport team in the management of internal asset and driver utilisation.
- Sponsor the utilisation of the Transport Management System.
- Look to further value activity throughout the supply chain through price, volume, new innovation, process opportunities.
Skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Procurement (desirable)
- 5 years + experience in Procurement role that covered transport or logistics.
- Experience in similar industry highly regarded
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to independently manage multiple projects, track activities & meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to works across boundaries
- High attention to detail and analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management skills
- MCIPS qualified