This is a great opportunity for an Electrician to join our team on Hamilton Island!
On Hamilton Island we own and operate our electrical distribution network through underground sub stations powered from an underwater cable from the mainland. Your new role will see you responsible for overseeing all maintenance, repairs and installation of the electrical installations and systems on HIE owned infrastructure.
Culture & Benefits
- Save money with subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Accredited training provided via the Robert Oatley College
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
- Test & Tag electrical appliances, taking appropriate action as required
- Carry out general maintenance and repairs to white goods, audio visual systems and various motors and pumps
- Responsible for the maintenance and some installation of light and power to the resorts
- Responsible for the maintenance and some installation of commercial kitchen appliances
- Proritise work to ensure all urgent repairs and those required for guest comfort are attended to immediately
- QLD Electrical Work Licence - Electrical Fitter & Mechanical (essential)
- Minimum 2 years full time trade experience (essential)
- Full drivers licence
- White Card
- Working at Heights
- Up to date CPR/LVR
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- Prepared to be rostered "on-call" and wear a pager as required
Click "apply" or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island