PHP Laravel Developer, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane - Copy
PHP Laravel Developer, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane - copy
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
The PHP Laravel Developer looks after the In-country Recruitment Database (IRD), a platform built by the PLF to support internal country recruitment. They will, with the rest of the IRD team, work within an Agile environment to deploy, develop, maintain and manage the IRD platform across numerous countries in the Pacific.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the other Developers and Product Manager to scope, build, test and deploy new features, fixing bugs and managing hosting infrastructure for the IRD.
- Writing clean, efficient codes with high test coverage using the PHP Laravel framework.
- Thoroughly documenting/commenting code for readability and future modification.
- Managing git repositories, flows and code releases between the development team and PLF’s partners in Pacific countries.
- Utilising databases to create and run data queries and reports.
- Creating, updating, documenting and managing a REST API for use in other applications and integrations.
- Identifying new technologies, platforms and tools that can increase efficiency of development and team management.
- Ensuring performance and uptime targets are met.
- Engaging with the IRD Product Manager to undertake long-term planning activities such as product roadmaps, backlog estimation, prioritisation and strategy.
- Coordinating with third party system managers to coordinate integrations where relevant.
- Other data collection and coordination as required.
- Developing and executing secure and effective data procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of data that contains Personally Identifiable Information.
- Ensure adherence to legal standards and regulations.
- Come up with novel ways to achieve the outcomes we aim for using technology available.
- Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles and REST API design.
- Software testing experience using tools like PHPUnit.
- Experience managing multiple versions, deployments and customisations of PHP software and API’s simultaneously.
- Extensive experience designing, initialising and deploying dev, staging and production servers for the team’s code to run on.
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, technical documentation and code repositories.
- An understanding of the SDLC and stages through which services are created - from discovery, through to live deployment - and an understanding of how those services can be maintained over time until they are retired.
- An affinity for agile delivery; particularly in providing small and frequent changes to quickly satisfy emerging business needs.
- A willingness to support work outside of the direct scope of data and systems; to support any and all technical aspects of PLF as a technical enabler.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context;
- Knowledge of open-source technologies and licensing models; an ability to satisfy business needs while avoiding “vendor lock-in” when possible.
- Outstanding analytical thinking skills.
Applicants must have full permanent work rights for Australia as no visa sponsorship will be provided. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
Due to the urgent nature of this appointment, we will be reviewing all applications as they are received, and interviews will be arranged for suitable candidates on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately and not wait for the closing date.
Closing date for applications is 13 October 2020.