Senior Data Analyst
S2M are working with a FinTech who have created a unique financial product to help thousands of people better manage their finance, and is currently scaling the company to the next level!
They are looking for a Data Scientist to join at the Senior level, and looking for someone who wants to be hands on, with opportunity to grow the team in future.
Areas of focus
- Product performance improvement within the core app
- User experience improvement within the core app
- Credit and financial risk optimisation for lending
- Marketing and growth optimisation
- Any areas of the business which can be optimised using data analytics
- Leading and eventually building our internal data science capability by coaching and mentoring other data scientists
- Develop and code software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large data sets from multiple disparate sources.
- Work with massive and complex data sets from multiple sources, utilising big data tools and techniques for the purposes of analysing, providing insight and validating hypotheses.
- Performing deep dive analyses of experiments through reliable modelling methods that include numerous explanatory variables and covariates.
- Ensure quality of team deliverables by implementing appropriate model review practices
- Translating analytical insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business, process or product improvements.
- Making recommendations for the collection of new data or the refinement of existing data sources and storage.
- Experience in leading a data science function.
- 5+ years’ experience in a data science environment.
- Ability to manipulate and analyse complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data and metadata from varying sources.
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Must have experience using modern machine learning techniques (CNN, Deep Learning etc.)
- Experience working in an AWS environment.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Flexible analytical approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision.
- Solid understanding and experience with programming logic and various paradigms.