Community Care Coordinator - Gladstone Region
- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of other people
- Attractive salary circa $73,080.33 - $79,444.67, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and qualifications
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Community Care Coordinator to join the Community Care Service Team based in Gladstone.
The Community Care Coordinator (Gladstone Region) is responsible for the effective delivery of all CentacareCQ Community Care Programs within the Gladstone region. This key management role will be supported by the Community Care Manager (Central Region) and other support functions to assist with the delivery of a range of community care services that meet (and exceed) quality standards, operate within budget and align the Mission and Values of CentacareCQ.
As the local CentacareCQ representative for Community Care Services, The Community Care Coordinator will establish partnerships across the region and identify new opportunities for further business development. A key aspect of this role will be to ensure services offered by CentacareCQ meet the needs of local communities.
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within CentacareCQ in line with the organisation’s mission, vision and values.
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Policy, Planning and Communication
- Ensure activities undertaken within the region support the strategic commitment and strategies outlined in the CentacareCQ Strategic Plan;
- Provide day to day operational oversight of service delivery staff and client care staff (Case Managers etc) to support the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) indicators and ensure regular reports are provided to the Community Care Manager (Central Region) outlining how the business units are performing against the KPI;
- Identify and encourage innovation across the region ensuring it is effectively planned, communicated and managed;
- Create and support a culture of "Selling/Promoting" CentacareCQ services across the region to support the expansion of services and the achievement of KPI.
Financial and Resource Management and Control
- Assist in the development of the operating budget for each business unit within the region as part of the CentacareCQ Annual Budget Cycle;
- Regularly (monthly) monitor and review financial performance against approved annual budget and provide feedback on variations as requested;
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure the principles of stewardship are applied to all purchasing decisions made by service delivery staff;
- Identify opportunities for improving the financial performance and sustainability of each business through growth in revenue and/or reduction in expenditure.
Business Development and Day-to-Day Operation
- Ensure services are delivered across the region in accordance with organisation policies and procedures. Also ensure all services are provided in a manner that ensures the safety of both CentacareCQ Staff and clients;
- Undertake sufficient planning and execution to ensure all contractual requirements within the region for service delivery are meet within budget guidelines;
- Identify, develop and implement business development opportunities, particularly those geared to meet local needs or contribute towards the fulfilment of CentacareCQ's Mission;
- Ensure all client complaints and worker related incidents are investigated and resolved within the required timeframes and documented through the Riskman system.
Staff Leadership and Development
- Ensure all Community Care staff within the region know what is expected and required of them and what their roles entail. Ensure regular feedback is provided to all staff and minimum standards of documented line management records are maintained;
- Ensure all Community Care Staff within the region are provided with training and development opportunities through the professional development plan, and ensure minimum qualification and competencies levels are maintained and documented for each role;
- Ensure feedback and performance management are undertaken within the team as required and complies with CentacareCQ policies and procedures and include the completion of appropriate documentation;
- Ensure all appointments and promotions are carried out inline with the policies and procedures of CentacareCQ ensuring "Equal Opportunity" principles are applied and the most appropriate applicant is appointed.
Governance and Legal Matters
- Ensure each employee has a workplace that is free from bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment;
- Ensure the Risk Management framework is applied across all business units within the region and risk assessments are completed, documented and stored as required by CentacareCQ's policies and procedures;
- Ensure all workplace health and safety requirements are meet within the region at all times and ensure documentation (incidents) is recorded in Riskman wherever an incident occurs or reasonably could have occurred;
- Ensure the Community Care Manager (Central Region) and other relevant managers are kept advised accurately and in a timely manner on all performance, risk, human resource, service delivery and other key organisational matters.
Internal and External Relationships
- Participate in and represent CentacareCQ at community activities and networking opportunities to build awareness of CentacareCQ services;
- Ensure CentacareCQ is recognised as a reputable and credible provider of services through a practice of good service delivery, a safe working environment and being responsive to consumer feedback;
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including Managers of organisational functions, the Clinical and Social Services Manager (Central Region), the Community Care Manager (Central Region), General Manager Health & Wellbeing Services (Central Region) and the Director;
- Actively participate in and encourage the participation of all team members in organisational events and activities.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.