About the business
We specialise in Building Approvals and Compliance for housing developments right through to Highrise Multi Storey, commercial, Agricultural and Industrial Buildings
We are a reputable and Long Standing Company operating in Newcastle, and servicing NSW in both Urban and Rural Areas.
About the role
Part-time Reception and administration support position. Permanent hours on Thursday and Friday of each week (9am to 5pm)
Note: It would be beneficial if you have the flexibility to swap/rotate these days as required with other Permanent Part-time staff to better meet the needs of the business and to provide a level of flexibility between yourself and our other employees.
The role will be predominately assisting Office Administration team and 2 Building Certifiers as required in day to day tasks including but not limited to:
- Incoming/ Outgoing mail handling
- Answering phone and customer service (First point of contact)
- Invoicing (Training Included in MYOB)
- Word Processing and Spreadsheet input
-Use of online BCS Certifier Software for creating new files, uploading documents etc. Training Included
- Issuing of Building approval, booking of inspections etc. in accordance with NSW Legislation as directed
- Potential to turn into Permanent Full-Time as the business grows (mid to long-term)
- Other miscellaneous office tasks
Benefits and perks
- The work environment is fast paced, however, most importantly we are easy going people to work with and like to think it is at times a fun environment.
- Takeaway/ Coffee shops within walking distance
- Room to grow into accounting support or similar roles for the right candidate
Skills and experience
Ideally looking for someone with 1-2 years experience in reception/administration type office roles or similar customer service would be advantageous.
We, will also consider keen TAFE Qualified candidate with minimal experience that is eager to learn and hit the ground running.