Senior Mine Geologist
Senior Open Pit Mine Geologist for industry renowned mining company!
Your new company
This industry renowned hard-rock mining company who has multiple operations across Western Australia, is looking for a Senior Mine Geologist to join their busy team. You would be working at one of the company's open-cut lithium mines in WA.
Your new role
As a self-motivated and experienced Senior Mine Geologist joining the Geology team, you will be a tea, player possessing highly developed communication skills and enthusiastic with a willingness to get your hands dirty. There is a portion of field work associated with the role; blast hole sampling, ore mark ups, and pit mapping. You will need to be familiar and comfortable with;
What you'll need to succeed
- sound knowledge of Grade Control systems and a track record in implementing and managing new systems, this includes Grade Control modelling (prior experience in resource modelling would be favourable);
- developing and maintenance of in-house production data management systems and reporting system;
- a strong back ground in Excel and Access as well as database management;
- developing and maintenance of mine reconciliation systems, the person needs to have a solid understanding of mine to mill reconciliation and reporting; and
- Vulcan experience is preferable.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Current and valid Australian Manual Driver's licence
- Accomplished within a senior role previously, open pit mining, preferably working with Lithium
- A strong all-round background of mine production and grade control practices
- Working knowledge of 3D Vulcan, including Grade Control function
- Experience in narrow vein mining
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Immediate start
- Competitive day rate paid weekly
- 3-month probation period
- FIFO from Perth
- Great opportunities to develop your career
***Unfortunately, due to current COVID-19 restrictions and the length of the assignment, applicants will need to be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and currently based in Western Australia***
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.