Community Care Worker - Gympie
Community Care Workers - Gympie, QLD
- Empower people with disability
- Support from coordinators
- Immediate Start
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping others. We have multiple opportunities for Community Care Workers in Gympie region and are looking for motivated and compassionate staff to join our team.
We have a variety of participants requiring assistance and your role will focus on supporting people to be the best they can be.
Duties and responsibilities can include;
Successful applicants will have (or be willing to obtain):
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Supporting customers with community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Assistance with personal care (showering and toileting as required), grooming and hygiene; medication prompting and general self-care
- Manual Handing experience is required
- Experience working with ABI/Dementia is highly desirable
Candidates that have experience or qualifications in the Community Services sector (Disabilities, Aged Care or Nursing) will be highly regarded.
What makes you a great Community Care Worker?
- Own insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Willingness to travel to support customers living up to 1 hr away
- Current Driver's licence
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children's Check
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - mornings, afternoons/evenings, weekends
If this sounds like something you can see yourself doing, apply now!
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button