· Market leading Australian company, experiencing strong growth
· “Hands on” customer facing role
· Great team environment
Position Partners is Australia's premier provider of positioning and machine control solutions for surveying, civil works and building activities. With more than 280 staff in 10 locations in Australia and international branches in New Zealand and Asia, no other provider matches the level of knowledge, experience and support of this well-established company.
We are now looking for a highly motivated person to fulfill the role as Field Service Technician. This role will be responsible for undertaking system installation / delivery and providing support to customers, in relation to service, hire and sales. There will be an emphasis on Machine Control Systems, include 2D and 3D indicate and automation plus machine payload weighing. Installation and support will primarily be onsite with a mix of phone / remote support activities.
The position will be based at our South Dandenong Office. Opportunities can arise to provide direct support to our additional states of Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory.
In addition, your multi-faceted role will include a wide range of responsibilities around support and training. This will include the following;
· Onsite and workshop based installations of machine control systems and equipment
· Calibration and Commissioning of machine systems and attachments
· Trouble shooting, problem solving, technical support
· Servicing & maintaining equipment
· Customer training
Key attributes required:
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Mechanical aptitude and fabrication skills
· Ability to build and manage customer relationships and expectations
· Strong attention to detail
· Goal oriented, outcome focused, performance driven
· Sound computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications
· Display a high degree of professionalism and positive attitude
· Ability to work autonomously
· Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
· Strong practical and technical experience
The following skills would be highly regarded;
· Experience with heavy equipment mechanical repairs / maintenance
· Experience with heavy equipment auto electrical repairs / maintenance
· Experience with mobile plant hydraulic systems
· Experience or exposure to installing and maintaining machine control systems
· A knowledge of Surveying practices, techniques and concepts would also be of benefit
A drivers licence (car) is mandatory.
The role is a full-time position and is subject to a pre employment medical assessment and a police check.
On offer is a generous salary package with overtime opportunities to earn well in excess of the standard salary. A fully maintained company vehicle and tools of trade are also provided.
The successful candidate will receive training and support by leaders within the business including other field technicians as well as various departments within the business.
If you want to join a dynamic, growing team where you will be able to contribute significantly to the success of the business and this sounds like the role for you, please forward a cover letter and resume.
Position Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all diverse backgrounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year