Water & Waste Water Operator
Our client is seeking a temporary operator to undertake duties in support of the Water and Waste Water Unit.
Your primary objective will be to ensure waste water treatment plants and sewerage reticulation networks are operated and maintained in accordance with best practice.
The duties you will be undertaking within this position will include:
- Ensure the production of potable water and sewerage disposal is in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Operation of water and waste water treatment facilities in accordance with all policies and procedure.
- Undertake regular water quality tests in accordance with procedures.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance including lubrication, operating adjustments, cleaning and painting equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, waste water and plumbing applications within extent of qualifications.
- Conduct and record infrastructure inspections.
- Maintain and service water supply and sewerage system plant and equipment.
- Keep accurate and complete records on various aspects of water / waste water treatment.
- Report problems and hazards to Team Leader and/or Assistant Team Leader.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Experience/understanding in waste water and/or water treatment operations.
- Have a working understanding on units, fractions, decimals and graphs.
- Ability to work a 7-day rotating on call roster and available for overtime and after hours duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and have the required initiative to get the job done.
- Experience in general labouring activities and maintenance techniques.
- Confined spaces certificate.
- Valid and current white card.
- Valid and current drivers licence.
- Willingness to undertake study to obtain or advance qualifications.
- Drain laying experience/plumbing experience (Desirable)
For all enquiries, please contact Russell Knights on 03 5023 3990 firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your application click APPLY NOW. Please make sure you upload a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, relevant qualifications and recent resume complete with a minimum of two professional references.