The Department of Transport brings together all transport modes to design, plan, build and operate Victoria's transport system. Our job is to further integrate the transport network and improve the delivery of services to Victorians for simpler, quicker and safer journeys that connect people and places and support Victoria's prosperity and liveability.
We are currently seeking skilled and experienced face-to-face customer service staff to join our licence testing services at our VicRoads Customer Service Centres throughout South-East and North-West Melbourne metro. Full training will be provided to successful applicants.
Details of the Role
Title: Licence Testing Officer, VicRoads
• Annual Salary Range: VR02 - starting at $55, 273 per annum plus superannuation
• Tenure: Fixed Term for 6 months minimum
• Employment Type: Full Time roster with rotating weekend shifts (Saturdays and Sundays)
• Usual Work Location: Multiple opportunities available across various locations including:
Cranbourne, Kew, South Morang, Ringwood, Coolaroo, Essendon Fields, Mulgrave, Heatherton, Richmond, Broadmeadows, Bundoora, Geelong, Frankston, and Shepparton
• Full Training Provided
About the Opportunity
The role of a Licence Testing Officer is varied and challenging, and entails:
• Conducting physical in-car testing of new drivers to instruct, observe, and asses their capabilities to safely drive within road safety regulations
• Making objective and through assessments based on set criteria in accordance with legislative policies and procedures
• Guiding the test applicants en route, and providing outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base in a calm, patient and courteous manner
• Adhering to safety regulations and conducting pre-drive safety checks of vehicles to ensure suitability for test drives
• Adapting to changing situations both in Customer Service Centres and inside vehicles
• Assisting with customer queries face to face and over the phone
• Maintaining drive test information in database systems
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
• Demonstrated experience in a face-to-face customer service role
• A resilient, patient, amiable and controlled manner with the demonstrated ability to stay calm in challenging situations
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to analyse a situation, and react quickly and appropriately to changing circumstances
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in delivering customer service to a diverse customer base
• The demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement in applying rules and processes, particularly related to safety, and making assessments
• Administration skills and computer literacy
• Full Victorian, or other Australian state, driver licence with no restrictions and a clean driving record
The Application Process
We are running online Question & Answer sessions on Friday 18th September, Monday 21st September, Tuesday 22nd September, Thursday 24th September and Friday 25th September at 3.30pm to provide the opportunity to find out more about the role. All applicants will receive an email invitation to attend the online Q & A session.
The application process requires you to apply via our website at: https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VG-RAL-1483388
The application process involves video and online assessments. Please contact us should you require reasonable adjustments to the application process.
Preferred applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks. Information provided to the Department of Transport will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the volume of applications received, only successful applicants will be contacted.