Graduate Environmental & Wastewater Assistant
JBS Australia’s Northern Division operates five strategically-placed processing facilities as well as five feedlots across Queensland and New South Wales, with access to an extensive network of quality cattle. Our network provides the ability to meet the specific demands of various market segments with an extensive range of grain-fed and pasture-fed products.
About the Role:
A newly created position has become available for a Graduate Environmental and Wastewater Systems Assistant to join our Northern Operations team. This role will be 3 days a week for 12 months, with the potential to be extended. This role will be responsible for delivering improvement projects related to Wastewater Treatment, Control, Monitoring and Reporting systems.
- Work directly with the relevant key employees on site specifically focused on the Wastewater Treatment and Management systems.
- Take part in the development of the project(s) scopes, including project report framework (timelines and milestones) with key stakeholders.
- Implement and lead the project communications including milestone achievement reporting.
- Accountable for managing the updating of any site based environmental programs related to the project.
- Ensure effective implementation of all improvement programs and the respective responsibilities communicated and tasks undertaken.
- Design, implement and enhance the environmental programs to ensure compliance with pertinent environmental regulations, conformance to company environmental policies and ISO14001 based environmental management plans.
- Work with site management team to identify areas of process and technological improvement to deliver better operational compliance.
- Undertaking Honours, Masters or PHD studies for Environmental, Science, Engineering or similar
- Sound knowledge and interest to learn Wastewater treatment and management systems
- Some understanding of the basic regulatory framework related to environment science and related discipline
- Manufacturing or Agriculture industry experience preferred but not essential
- Awareness of ISO14001Environmental Management Systems
- Strong interest in Industrial Wastewater and Irrigation systems
- Demonstrated report writing and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with commercial acumen
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initative and as a team player