We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Designer to join the Kidswear team at Country Road. Reporting to the Head of Design for Womens & Childrenswear , this position is responsible for the achievement of sales through continual design and development of the kidswear range.
- Designing and developing product in line with the Country Road brand strategy that meets customer needs and offers constant innovation
- Working closely with Head of Design and design team to identify trends each season specific to nominated categories
- Developing and sourcing new fabrications/yarns and trims in alignment with seasonal trends, maintaining newness and originality in the range
- Providing clear instruction on all fit and styling changes to QA at time of spec pack handover
- Drive fit direction with QA Technician to ensure consistent fit and high quality standards of workmanship
- Researching and reporting on trends, key ideas and fabric, yarn direction relevant for the brand and categories
- Designing and developing product in line with option plan, OTB and margin requirements
- Assessing weekly sales reports to determine best sellers, sell throughs and problem styles/colours
- Mentor and manage the Design Assistant’s in all aspects of the design process
- Complete regular visits to stores to obtain first hand product feedback from customers and staff
The Ideal Candidate has
- Experience in an Apparel design role, preferably kidswear
- Diploma or degree qualification in Fashion Design or related field
- Exceptional technical skills, fabric and yarn sourcing and knowledge
- A proven track record in building successful ranges, along with experience in sourcing and working with overseas vendors
- A real passion for clothing/apparel as well as for Country Road
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office suite
- A strong retail and commercial acumen
- The ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
- A can do attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Mimco, Politix, Trenery and Witchery products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. Country Road creates quality lifestyle products across Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Babywear and Homewares. Renowned for its commitment to style, quality and design, the fashion ranges are a celebration of all that’s vibrant and exciting about modern Australian living.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.