A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Arup’s Vic/SA Buildings Group is looking for a meticulous submissions / bid coordinator with strong interpersonal skills to support and drive the delivery of bids and tender submissions, capability documents, and marketing material.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Professional qualification and a minimum three-four years of business experience.
- Track record in relationship building and influencing techniques.
- Experience in the development and production of tenders, expressions of interest, capability statements and presentations.
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge in Indesign (Intermediate) Photoshop (desirable) Illustrator (desirable).
- A broad skills base, comfortable with technical language and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage workloads and work flexibly, under pressure and to multiple tight deadlines while managing strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional editing and writing skills to be able to author, edit and tailor bid content as required.
- An eye for layout in order to produce high quality proposal documents.
About the role
The primary focus of this role is to provide professional input into business development and bidding activities for Arup’s Vic/SA Buildings Group, based in the Melbourne office. Support improved bidding processes, pursuits and bid quality.
In this role you will:
- Author, coordinate and support responses to RFTs, EOIs, award submissions and presentations. Tenders will range from large multidisciplinary projects to small, technically-specific projects.
- Interpret client briefs to identify and source the best content and knowledge to support submissions. Use InDesign and Word templates to produce high quality submissions.
- Contribute to the development of improvements to bid process and success rates within the Group
- Help to maintain and develop bid resource libraries (CVs, value stories, images, project information), and contribute to the development of value stories.
- Provide support for broader business development and marketing initiatives including attending and minuting regular BD meetings.
- Coordinate internal communications including monthly newsletter and win emails.
- Liaise with key personnel and others within the Australasia region to ensure timely delivery of information required to meet internal and external deadlines and priorities.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
“We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.”
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.