GIS Infrastructure Officer
Public sector client looking to engage a geospatial systems professional to deliver infrastructure programs.
Your new company
Our client is a public sector organisation based in the North Brisbane / Sunshine Coast area. They are looking to engage a spatial systems professional to provide a range GIS services. You will operate closely with key stakeholders to support effective planning, design, investment and delivery of several key infrastructure programs.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- You will develop, implement and maintain geospatial information
- Undertake analysis and reporting to support planning and delivery of key infrastructure network programs
- Undertake data capture, maintenance and verification improvement activities for the organisations spatial systems in order to maximise efficiency while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Support the planning, design, investment and delivery of infrastructure major asset groups
- Conduct spatial analysis of infrastructure networks to identify trunk infrastructure
- Provide expert advise and GIS services including map development and production
- Develop GIS information as directed
- Develop and maintain your understanding of organisational systems and processes to manage infrastructure network data, including GIS systems
- Provide specialist technical advice and custodian services to asset data capture and GIS systems
The successful candidate will most likely have a tertiary qualification in geospatial information systems, planning or another relevant field. You would also have demonstrated experience working in a similar spatial systems role. Candidates will also most likely have proven investigative, analytical and research skills, along with proficiency in the use of a range data manipulation and recording software. An understanding of the planning and design processes for water and sewerage infrastructure is highly desirable. The ability to be creative and inventive with GIS tools and practices to solves problems would also be highly regarded. You will be working alongside stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and as such will have well developed people and relationship skills and experience communicating effectively with a wide range of people. A current C class driver’s licence is essential as you may be required to work across a number of different locations.
What you'll get in return
Our client is offering an interesting and challenging role in the North Brisbane and Sunshine Coast region. They are offering a 3-month contract with options to extend for the right candidate. We would suggest an hourly rate of $40-45 plus super, with some flexibility for particularly suitable and experienced candidates.
What you need to do now
Apply now or for more information contact Matthew Slingsby or Daniel Nutter on (07) 3231 2***. Alternatively, email your resume to *************@hays.com.au / ***************@hays.com.au