Sales Specialist (Central/Northern Vic)
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for delivering the indirect sales strategy and financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin and Overdue, managing local distributor partners and intermediaries/resellers in the sales territory or geography, finding prospect partners, coaching distributors and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
In 2019 Castrol, we celebrated 100 years in Australia as both a leading oil and gas exploration organization and a national retail business, selling award winning products at our 1,400 outlets spread across the country. We have around 7,000 employees across Australia in roles ranging from Sales, Marketing, Retail Management through to Logistics and Engineering.
Globally, we’re a team of 80,000+ employees with HQ based in London, a presence in over 80 countries and endless possibilities.
As part of BP, Castrol Lubricants is widely acknowledged as the world's leading specialist provider of Lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes, we also produce lubricants that directly affect our daily lives in other, less noticeable ways such as in gas and electricity production, transport industries, mining construction and earth moving vehicles and not forgetting lubricants for the marine sector and for industry in general.
BP Lubricant Master Brands marketed in Australia include Castrol Lubricants, BP Lubricants and Castrol High Performance sub brands Optigear, Molub-Alloy and Tribol.
About the opportunity
This role manages a portfolio of customers and new prospects within a defined sales geography. The role is accountable for delivering Volume, Turnover, CPL and GM Profit targets including Overdue targets. Identifying and developing new prospect customers with a high degree of Sales conversions.
This role offers flexibility with a working from home option – to be based in either the Loddon Campaspe or Goulburn regions, with an expectation of 4 days on the road per week. (Subject to Victorian COVID-19 Lockdown restrictions)
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver financial performance targets for the Accounts within territory
- Execute prospecting strategy for the territory, including data gathering, competitor and market knowledge, stakeholder and relationship management and tender/offer processes.
- Promote long term growth by developing prospect customers and provide regular updates to the Salesforce database
- Manage customer business reviews to communicate and prove value delivery and reinforce relationships.
- Improve and deliver customer experience in territory. Ensure delivery of our promises by seeking continuous improvement and efficiency in all operations making sure the voice of the customer is represented in every decision we make.
- Drive standardisation of our sales offers in line with our basic customer offer by following a disciplined approach.
To be successful, you will ideally be an experienced Account Manager with excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills, proactive and demonstrated prior experience in the following areas:
- Previous experience within Account Management and sales
- Experience within a B2B sales management experience with lubricants background would be desirable
- Ability to develop and build meaningful relationships
- Live in Central / Northern Victoria (Loddon, Campaspe or Goulburn region ) (only candidates who reside in this region will be considered for the role)
About the benefits
- Generous base salary + super
- Fully maintained Car + fuel card
- Endless global career opportunities & continuous development
- A collaborative work environment with a safety first mindset.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting inclusion and diversity in our workforce. BP Australia encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Flexible working is encouraged at BP, so let us know how we can support you to maximise your work and home life. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you.
Job Family Group
Yes - up to 50%
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. And with our Downstream business producing refined petroleum products, creating premium brand lubricants, delivering 11.9m tonnes of petrochemicals and supplying distinctive fuels and retail services through 18,700 retail sites, they’re helping us meet the biggest demands of the world.
As part of our Downstream team, you’ll help deliver high-quality products and services that meet all of our customers’ needs, all while growing and achieving your career’s biggest goals. Join BP and help us change the way we power up the world.