Senior Media And Communications Advisor
Senior Media and Communications Advisor 6 Month Role Victorian State Government
Your new company
A statutory body under a large state government department is seeking an experienced Senior Media and Communications Advisor for a period of 6 months with an immediate start.
Your new role
Reporting to senior executives you will be the sole communications person in the organisation, undertaking a broad change of communications and media activities. This is a full time role and will be working from home initially.
Duties include (but not limited to)
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop, implement and manage communications, media and issues management strategies
- Produce high-quality written and online communications materials including media releases, fact sheets, briefing and speaking notes, web copy, newsletters, reports, leaflets and brochures.
- Provide high level advice to the senior executives in relation to developing responses to media enquiries and translate complex information and write high-level content for the Commissioner.
- Establish and maintain strong networks and relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the successful delivery of the organisation's programs and initiatives.
- Oversee all editorial aspects of online content of the organisation’s website, intranet, social media and online campaigns and manage the social media accounts.
To succeed in this role you will need highly developed research, written and oral communications skills, have the ability to present information in a range of forums and have excellent interpersonal skills. You should have demonstrated ability to prepare and implement media and issues management strategies, including the ability to manage risks/ expectations. You should be strategic with a creative flare. Government experience is preferred.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact *************@hays.com.au