TAFE Services Coordinator (Identified)
Position: Permanent Full time
Classification: TAFE Worker Level 4
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of TAFE NSW Customer & Stakeholder Relations team to be based in Wellington Campus. The TAFE Services Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with local functional areas including training delivery, student services, facilities management and other corporate services to ensure excellence in service experience at the relevant learning location as well as optimising community and multicultural engagement.
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow.
Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
TAFE NSW offers the best of campus-based delivery as well as flexible, online and work-based learning. The TAFE NSW values of Customer First, Collaboration, Integrity and Excellence guide our team in strengthening communities, delivering world-class training for our students and producing job ready graduates for employers. The operating environment for TAFE NSW is dynamic as we leverage our scale, expertise, passion and reputation to meet the rapidly changing VET landscape.
TAFE NSW is committed to its students and customers and the role it plays in changing lives and opening up opportunities through learning.
Your application for this role must include:
1. A written response that clearly address the pre-screening and two targeted questions.
2. A resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position.
3. Contact details of 2 referees.
Click here for:
Note: Applicants for this position must be of Aboriginal descent by parentage, identify as being Aboriginal and be accepted in the community as such. An applicant's race is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14(d) of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Aboriginal applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide Confirmation of Aboriginality documentation at interview.
This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information on the Working With Children Check (WWCC) can be found at Office of the Children's Guardian.
For more information please contact Mel Olsen on 02 6883 3*** or *************@tafensw.edu.au
Closing Date: Sunday 4 October 2020 at 11:59 pm
Be Bold. Be Ambitious. Make your next move the right one
The TAFE Services Coordinator is responsible for the Regional Business Group, Student Services and Property Logistics duties on site, working collaboratively with Corporate partners to ensure excellence in service experience at the relevant learning location optimising community engagement
Reporting to the Manager TAFE Services, this position:
1. Proactively monitor site access, operations and services at the designated learning location and work collaboratively with Business Partners and delivery teams to ensure issue identification, prevention, management and resolution of facilities site and issues.
2. In collaboration with stakeholders, prioritise safety and continuous improvement, lead and coordinate incident management and emergency plans, liaising with corporate specialist functional areas and appropriately escalating.
3. Provide a range of daily operational administrative and student support services including updating and maintaining records, routine financial transactions and procurement to facilitate efficient operations in line with TAFE NSW standards, policies and procedures.
4. Act in the capacity of first point of call to support information technology component of education delivery and as a key liaison and information point for guests, visitors, staff and students by providing accurate and timely information or ensure connection with appropriate service , TAFE business area or relevant internal personnel to meet stakeholder expectations and optimise outcomes and opportunities.
5. Promote TAFE NSW services and products to stakeholders and communities, ensure business leads identified during stakeholder engagement are provided to Business Development staff and demands for educational services and products are provided to the Region skills teams in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Actively contribute to the success of local events, collaborating with delivery teams and corporate services in particular marketing and communications, to raise TAFE’s profile in the community.
For a full description of this position please refer to the Position Description.
Key Application Responses
You will be successful in role if you:
1. Hold a certificate IV in relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
2. Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977). Candidate should present proof of Aboriginality as part of their application.
3. Demonstrated success in building rapport with a wide range of people and in monitoring and delivering services which meet customer requirements.
4. Ability to work flexible shifts including evening to align with TAFE operating hours.
1. Demonstrate your experience working independently whilst supporting other team members. What steps did you put in place to balance competing demands and be accountable for your workload?
2. Provide an example of a time you were required to accommodate new initiatives and emerging priorities into an existing program of work. Describe the situation, how did you align objectives and what was the outcome?
Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required