Ambulance Victoria (AV) is recruiting for a permanent, full time Senior Advisor - Business Resilience to join our Emergency Management Unit. The Emergency Management Unit is responsible for leading the development of emergency management policy and effective emergency management planning and resilience across Ambulance Victoria.
The position is based at our Doncaster office however the role will currently require you to work remotely from home.
The responsibilities of this role covers leading the design and development of AV's strategic approach to business resilience to ensure that it adequately manages the risk of business disruption through a holistic and integrated business resilience program.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Consequence and Planning, the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
• Lead the design and development of AV's strategic approach to business resilience and determine levels of rigour required of business units to achieve effective resilience;
• Design and secure AV Executive Committee endorsement and drive implementation of an integrated business resilience framework including related policies and processes for business impact analysis, business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans, incident management and reporting and crisis management;
• Design, develop and implement opportunities for improvement relating to the key activities and reporting that will enable the business resilience function to deliver high quality advice and reports for key internal and external stakeholders; and
• Lead the design and delivery of methodologies to promote business resilience within departments as an important function to reduce risk carried by AV.
The successful candidate will preferably hold a tertiary qualification in a business, risk management or equivalent. You will have significant experience in business resilience methodology and strategy as well risk management with a passion for business continuity, emergency management and crisis management preferably in the health sector with an appreciation of the uniqueness of an emergency service organisation.
You will be a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of influencing internal and external stakeholders. You are self-motivated and work well independently.
You are self-motivated and resourceful in dealing with ambiguity or complex issues. With a well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, you are capable of recommending appropriate resilience strategies, convey your ideas and opinions clearly, and develop a well-structured insightful report for different levels of key stakeholders.
The successful candidate may be required to undergo relevant probity checks, such as a police record and background check.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV, you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance, as well as offering salary packaging options and various other benefits.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities.
Salary packaging and other benefits are available, including free parking. Ambulance Victoria offers fair employment and career opportunities. Aiming to attract a diverse pool of applicants, AV focuses on the genuine and essential requirements of the job and being consistent and fair in the treatment of applicants.
This position is graded at AV5. The salary range for an AV5 position is $119,839 - $ 144,341 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email ***********@ambulance.vic.gov.au or contact us on 03 9840 3***.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
• A covering letter
• A resume
• A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that all applications are submitted on or before 5pm Wednesday 30th September 2020 by clicking on ‘Apply Online' below.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.