You are a person who truly resonates with our values; Hungry, Humble & Honest with Heart. You obsess over the customer and have a bias for action towards their needs. You own your successes and failures alike, always striving to improve and develop yourself and those around you. You keep the big picture in view but know that in IT, a marathon is a series of sprints.
The SRE team at Nutanix ensures the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are world-class engineers from leading virtualisation, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded, junior and senior, customer facing Technical Support Engineers. You will support our cloud solution in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, providing an over the top support experience to our customers leveraging our private cloud solution.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Define and lead changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (e.g. VMware, Citrix, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and work on internal and external knowledge bases.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis. Days in lieu provided.
- Significant work experience in troubleshooting at least two of the following: Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi), Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis.
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree) OR advanced level certifications in relevant technologies.
- Competitive salary package, (base, super, equity and perks)
- Comprehensive private health insurance for you and your family
- Industry leading product training and certifications
- Pathways to specialised technical, consultation and leadership positions for strong performers.
- Yearly international conferences (often in our Silicon Valley Head Office)
- Brand new Barangaroo offices with state of the art amenities.
Life as an SRE: