AD 5G Partnership & Development
Location: Sydney (Macquarie Park HQ), Australia
At Optus our vision is to continue to lead Australia through outstanding customer experience and we believe our people are at the heart of this. We are passionate about creating a climate that encourages our people to achieve their best – personally and professionally!
An opportunity which offers impact, progression and purpose! Making a direct impact on our customers.
Our ambition is to become Australia’s most loved everyday brand with lasting customer relationships by building a 5G network that delivers unique and personalised experiences through innovative technology partnerships.
The purpose of this roles is to excite and engage customers and employees by bringing 5G to life through technology showcases, demonstrations, and events. To achieve this, the AD of 5G Partnership & Development must be equal parts technologist and marketing professional, and possess the following
- Working with senior stakeholders from across the business to develop a partnership and showcase strategy that aligns to business objectives
- Working closely with technology partners and internal stakeholders to identify innovative applications of current and future 5G technology
- Developing a pipeline of potential showcases, demonstrations, and events related to 5G
- Managing internal and external events designed to showcase 5G technology to customers and employees
- Collaborating with colleagues from Optus Business, Optus SMB and Singtel to develop showcases of relevance to specific segment needs
- Working with colleagues in PR, events, sponsorship and brand marketing to amplify the coverage of events
- Developing and maintaining an internal innovation process for ideation and idea capture
- Sourcing and publishing 5G thought leadership for internal and external audiences
- Generating excitement and engagement across the business for the future potential of 5G
- Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in marketing or similar areas
- 5 years consumer technology experience
- Ability to turn strategy into viable business
- Strong people leadership experience, experience leading a team of scale
2. Marketing Professional
- An understanding of the future roadmap of 5G and the technical ‘art of the possible’
- A curiosity for 5G technology trends and innovation
- A passion for solving customer problems through technology
- Experience with working with small tech start-ups
- A deep understanding of customer insights and segment needs
- A flair for bringing technology to life in new and creative ways
- An understanding of what is newsworthy and how to capture the public’s imagination
- The confidence and gravitas to be a 5G technology evangelist within Optus
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.