WeKare Disability Support Services is NDIS registered provider in Victoria. We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Disability Support Workers in the following locations:
· Shepparton Vic
As a Support Worker you will need to demonstrate the following:
· Experience of working with people with disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex physical disabilities
· An in-depth understanding of person-centred thinking and be able to demonstrate how you put that into practice in your work
· Ability to understand the vulnerabilities and needs of people with disability and the issues faced by their families
· Commitment to the welfare, rights and personal development of people with disabilities
· To understand and maintain confidentiality and privacy
You will need access to a vehicle that you can use for work purposes and be available for shifts across a 24/7 roster.
· Completion of written documentation as requested,
· Maintain individual’s and service records in an objective manner which is clear and concise in accordance with WeKare Disability Support Service's procedures and funding requirements,
· To be familiar with and contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of participant's individual personal plan(s),
· Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by WeKare Disability Support Services.
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
· Cover Letter & Resume
· Current Certificate for First Aid
· Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia
· A certified copy of your current passport
· A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) is desirable and may be required for some positions
· A current driver’s license is desirable.
· If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas.
For more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $34.00 – $62.00 per hour