Guide Dogs Queensland is seeking an Accounts Officer to join our service delivery team. This full time position will be based from our lovely campus at Bald.
This position is responsible in undertaking the Accounts Receivable function for NDIS, Medicare and other health services billing as well as providing comprehensive administration services to our clients, staff and external customers.
The Accounts Officer duties also includes:
- Preparing and sending invoices and statements.
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure that NDIS and other funded client services are invoiced correctly and on time.
- Processing debtor receipts, follow up outstanding debt and review outstanding debtors.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date client records for client services and equipment.
- Administrative duties relating to the NDIS and other funding sources.
- Actively participating in cross-skilling with other team member roles, to provide continuity of administration and service delivery.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic and be able to demonstrate previous work experience in a similar role with a strong client focus and provide excellent customer service.
Our successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Previous work experience in a similar role and sound knowledge of invoicing and AR, preferably in a disability, medical or allied health setting (eg. Medicare, DVA, NDIS).
- Certificate IV in accounting or equivalent qualification or knowledge/ experience.
- Experience in using financial management software and reporting tools.
- Excellent customer service skills and have a strong client focus including empathy and patience.
- Sound level of administration and computer skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce – Lumary/Skedulo, Xero or Netsuite (desirable)
Guide Dogs Queensland is a leading provider of services to Queenslanders living with no or low vision. Voted one of Australia’s most trusted charities, and with thanks to the ongoing support of the community, we are able to help people with low or no vision reach their goals and experience everything life has to offer. Our services are all tailored to ensure blind and vision impaired Queenslanders can fulfil their potential and live life the way they choose.
We offer our team:
- Roles which challenge and reward you whilst allowing you to grow your skill set.
- A competitive salary in accordance with experience.
- A rewarding career where you have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of Queenslanders living with low or no vision.
- Great location, beautiful campus and dogs in the workplace.
- Close to public transport and free onsite parking.
- Great team culture.
- GDQ is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated leadership team. We support our staff with learning and development opportunities, an employee benefits program and progressive workforce management strategies.
To view our position description, please click here.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form below and submit your covering letter explaining why you would be suitable to the role (no more than 2 pages) and a copy of your Resume/CV.
Applications close Wednesday, 30 September 2020.