You are applying for the position of
Please fill in your details below to submit an application for this position.
Bowens is a family owned Australian business with a proud history dating back to 1894. We are a leader in the supply of building products to the trade market and are known in the industry for our outstanding customer service and employee training and development.
As a full time driver based at our Croydon branch you will work within a safety driven, customer focused and supportive team environment.
This is more than just a driver role, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Delivering and unloading timber and hardware products to building sites
- Liaising with site supervisors regarding delivery requirements
- Ensure products being delivered match delivery docket prior.
- Utilise our sophisticated mobile phone operated delivery software to complete duties
- Strive to maintain Bowens' commitment to our customers of delivering on time in full
- Assist the yard in putting away stock or preparing deliveries as required
We are looking for an individual who possess the below skills:
- A valid driver’s licence and an MR licence is essential
- A high level of enthusiasm, commitment and customer service
- Be physically fit to perform repetitive lifting tasks involved in loading and unloading trucks
- Prior experience operating a truck and performing multi-drop deliveries
- An understanding of OH&S requirements and a safe approach to performing duties
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute as a team member
Why join Bowens?
- Be part of a growing Australian owned family business where a company value is “fun”
- Opportunity to actively support the local community
- Genuine training opportunities including simulated sales training, product training and leadership development
- Discounts on company product and access to exclusive offers from corporate partners
- Opportunity to build a career and take up different development opportunities
- Ongoing incentives, great employee events and fun team rewards
All applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Please note: you must provide Bowens with a VicRoads Licence Verification Letter prior to your commencement.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Due to high number of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.