Associate Digital Engineer (Civil), Water
With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to the ongoing success of our Australian operations, our Sydney and Brisbane Water teams have a need for additional Associate Digital Engineer capability. We are inviting applicants for several roles that will be tailored to the candidates’ experience and capability, to be engaged at the levels of Associate Civil Technologist Experienced Technician/Engineer and/or Senior Technician/Engineer.
While we are a large global business, we aren’t tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
Overview of the role:
- Support and drive large Water project in the continued improvement in the use of digital technologies to significantly improve the efficiency in design and construction, while improving quality of deliverables.
- Analyse, Prepare and present the new digital engineering ideas to management and clients in a clear and confident manner with sound financial justification.
- Preparation of well organised AutoCAD Civil 3D federated model deliverables for major Water projects.
- Running interdisciplinary Clash detection reports and assistant in the co-ordination process through meetings, emails and other verbal communications.
- Working closely with engineers and design modellers to ensure drawing production is on-time and to the required client presentation standards.
- Quality review of Models and other digital deliverables produced by others, including checking, mark-up and back-checking in accordance with quality standards and procedures.
- Guidance and instruction to other modelers in relation to quality as required.
- Maintaining and reporting on personal workload, forecasting time to complete for tasks.
What we’ll love about you:
· Bachelor of Technology or Associate Degree (or equivalent) or an Engineering Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Capacity to imagine, articulate and introduce new and better ways to use digital technology to improve the efficiency in design/construction and improve the quality of deliverables.
- Proven success in a collaborative approach to the introduction of new technologies and techniques, including documentation, testing and change management process on large complicated projects.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence without authority and quickly gain the respect of others.
- Skills or experience with Plant 3D, Revit, and Advance Steel an advantage
- Demonstrate sound experience with a variety of Autodesk computational design software.
- Sound understanding of and their integration with the Design/DE process. Exposure to different business models and industry best practice.
- Advanced design software coordination, use of federated models and review and checking processes.
- Experience in BIM management and the use of BIM360 suite of products, for document control, approvals and sharing.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and experience of non-Autodesk cad systems, procedures and practices, an advantage.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of organisational approach to risk management, ethics and safety.
What you’ll love about us:
- At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.