Electrical Engineer, Water (D4C)
D4C is a consortium comprising of Comdain Infrastructure, John Holland, Lendlease and WSP. Over a 10-year period, D4C will provide long term employment opportunities to diversify the skills of the people of the southern region of Sydney as well as creating pathways to enter the water industry.
We are looking to build our talent pool across design, maintenance, facilities management and construction. We are seeking motivated, talented and driven individuals to join D4C and welcome people from a diverse background to apply. We are looking for women, indigenous people and other diverse groups to join the team.
About the role
We are starting to build our teams and we are seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join the D4C team right from the start to help develop this business into what we know it will be.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 2 years + experience working within an engineering consultancy, or in a design and construct or asset owner field.
- Proven years relevant professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the application of standards, detailed knowledge of current electrical standards, the development of conceptual and detailed design, and design management of Electrical infrastructure, particularly relating to the water utility sector or similar.
- Undertake (or lead) field and desktop investigations related to the condition, appropriateness, and capacity of existing electrical infrastructure related to capital upgrades.
- Prepare detailed documentation and specification requirements for Electrical components in order to support procurement and delivery of allocated projects
- Technical and commercial acumen with a focus on successful outcomes for our projects and our clients.
- High levels of personal integrity, and a desire for continued professional development and improvement as an engineering professional.
- Manage the identification and resolution of project safety risks through contemporary Safety in Design methods, ensuring legislative compliance
- Electrical specific specialist safety knowledge/understanding (protection, arc flash, earthing, hazardous areas and machine safety principles).
- Experience interpreting authority standards and electrical requirements (especially around brown field projects). The works will be a combination of new infrastructure and updating existing infrastructure
- Good communicating skills with constructors, commissioning engineers, operators and maintainers, and with people working in different disciplines. Opportunity to mentor junior colleagues.
- Undertake all responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Good interfacing skills with client and electrical authorities.
The D4C consortium is comprised of industry leading organisations and together we care deeply about what we do and how it affects the community as well as our people. We are committed to “delivering differently” by building and promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace as well as fostering a culture where the environment and the safety of our people are our top priority.
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.