People Capability Officer
Mackay Regional Council are looking for skilled and experienced HR professional, with skills and experience in workforce planning, capability development or HR business partnership. The position is a temporary part-time opportunity until January 2021; working two (2) days per week from our Main Administration Building.
About the opportunity:
To provide operational and strategic workforce planning and generalist HR analysis and advice that informs the development and implementation of best practice workforce capability and talent management solutions across Council.
The ideal applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications (including certificate and diploma level) in Human Resources, Organisational Development, Business Management and/or demonstrated experience in lieu of qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience implementing human resource frameworks, initiatives and strategies in a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated experience providing specialist expertise and advice across all facets of the employee/workforce planning lifecycle.
- Capability to analyse data to highlight trends and model appropriate end to end workforce planning.
- Capability to translate complex information into clear, compelling messages to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Strong planning, prioritising and organising skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- High level skills with Microsoft Office products and HR information systems/databases.
- Demonstrated intermediate skill sets across personal attributes such as managing self, displaying resilience and adaptability, acting with integrity and accountability.
- Well-developed influencing and rapport building skills with individuals and work teams across medium to large, complex organisations
- Demonstrates intermediate skill sets across result driven attributes such as planning and prioritising, solving problems, creating and innovation, and delivering results.
For further information, please refer to the position description.
Our value proposition to you:
- Competitive salary and lifestyle benefits (Hourly rate from $39.00+)
- A progressive and innovative organisation which supports work/life balance;
- We spruik and practice a positive work culture;
- We’re bursting at the seams with career development and learning opportunities;
- Fossil thinking, and groundhog days don’t exist, with loads of workday variety;
- Significant corporate and membership discounts;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Employee assistance support;
And if the above isn’t enticing enough, we also offer weekly remuneration.
For the Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/ER21_3_19_8_9825/VacancyList.aspx.
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a brief statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close: 1st October 2020.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.