Start your media career with OMD, the largest integrated communications agency in Australia and part of a global OMD network of 11,000+ people in over 120 offices!
An opportunity currently exists for a Media Assistant to join our team in an entry level role to support media buying for some of Australia's most recognised brands.
- Being accountable for the day to day account management and implementation of campaigns
- Being the support contact for client/media liaison on day to day matters
- Administrative services such as arrangement of meetings, preparation of WIPs, compilation of project reports
- Checking booking confirmations and pre-times, campaign monitoring, post analysis matching and reporting under the guidance of your direct manager
- Media Campaign Delivery tracking (all communication channels)
- Providing assistance to the team during invoicing and reconciliation, financial administration
- Generate creative ideas within role accountabilities (process improvements etc.) and actively contribute to idea generation and optimisation
Whilst full training for the role will be provided, the successful candidate requires the below skills:
- Must have full Australian working rights
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in Advertising/Business/Commerce/ Communication/ Marketing or similar and a passion for media
- Confident and capable with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills and high attention to detail
- Takes initiative and is an enthusiastic learner
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Planning and organisation skills
- Previous Marketing/Media internship(s) experience highly regarded but not essential
At OMD, we live by our five core competencies:
- Client Engagement - whether its dealing with our clients, media partners or suppliers, we deliver best in class service and always done with integrity
- Product & Innovation – We think creatively, critically and strategically to deliver innovative marketing solutions for the complex world we live in
- Commercial – we are commercially savvy and deeply understand our business, and our clients, enabling better decisions and innovative thinking
- People Management/Leadership – we care about our people and have a commitment to their development and growth
- Personal Growth – an on-going commitment to invest 10% of your time to personal development
These competencies are the key to developing and enhancing our people's skills as media professionals and humans and are embedded into our performance processes and training programs.
Who are we?
OMD Australia is a proud part of the OMD global network, the world's leading marketing and communications agency. As part of the Omnicom Media Group, we provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries and employ 11,000+ staff.
Since launching in 2000, OMD Australia has grown to become Australia's largest media and communications agency, consistently winning awards including
- #4 Great Places to Work in Australia 2019 and top 50 for 11 consecutive years
- 2016, 2017, 2019 Mumbrella Culture Award
- Adweek's Global Media Agency of the Year 2019
- B&T Women Awards Employer of the Year 2019
- 2015 & 2016 B&T Employer of The Year
- Campaign Asia-Pacific ANZ Media Agency of the Year 2015 & 2017
- Cannes Global Media Agency of the Year 2018
OMD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.
We work flexibly at OMD and also support charities and environmental initiatives.
If there is one thing that defines OMD, it is the philosophy that nothing is more important than our people. If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity and any others open across the business, please apply now.